Monday, October 10, 2005

Fetid Fridges

I could not resist posting these pictures. I did not take them -- they are from our paper (see the complete collection here). This morning's paper had a collection of photos of repulsive refridgerators from around town that have become a medium for humor. We have quite a few fridges on my street that are sitting on the curb too, but none of them have anything funny to say like these do from New Orleans.

I guess I've had my head inside way too many stinky appliances lately because I cannot say enough about them. I was even taking apart our garage freezer yesterday because I am determined to find the source of its stench. Our freezer has been sitting open airing out for over a month now. When I tipped it to move it back to it's usual spot in the garage, some putrid water was leaking out of it. Somehow it still had water in it after a month of drying out! I cracked it open and found that some of the insulation was still wet. I am not giving up on it yet. By the time it's all over, it may be my Franken-fridge, because it will not die!

Anyway, these photos from our paper gave me a chuckle and so I had to share them. These two in particular seem quite fitting for Halloween. Speaking of which, my neighbors are all asking about my annual Halloween party. I am definitely planning to have it, but we have not planned our costumes yet. Usually I start thinking about this sort of thing 6 months in advance! I hope we can come up with something fun on short notice. Perhaps we should consider going as a fetid fridge or some other other abominable appliance. .....Nah.

1 comment:

Devra said...

Well, maybe we'll overhear these at Mardi Gras this year:
"C'mon, show me your cubes!"
"Throw me something, Fridgester!"


Good thing cheeseballs don't need refridgeration, right?