Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Foulest of All

Ok, Ok, Ok. This is hands down the winner of the owner of the stinkiest fridge. A warehouse company in New Orleans has the unpleasant task of cleaning up their three warehouses full of 52 million pounds of rotting chicken.

More than a month after Hurricane Katrina turned what used to be row after row of 35-foot-high frozen towers of palletized leg quarters into an immense mound of unimaginable foulness, the mess still has not been cleaned up.


It is described in detail in an article titled, " Don’t you dare complain about cleaning one fridge".

Ok, so I have cleaned four fridges. One that belonged to my next door neighbor complete with maggots, one that belonged to my friend that sat for 3 weeks cooking it's grotesque putridity, and two of which were mine (although my sister did the dirty job part of those and I just swooped in for the detailing).

Let me just try to visualize that again: Fifty-two million pounds of rotting chicken.

Time to shut my piehole.

1 comment:

dsimom said...

I certainly hope those workers get some kind of bonus or hazzard pay for being willing to do that. Otherwise, they will just jump ship and get a job installing roofs or repairing storm damage.

Casey