Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tree Tales

At first, we weren't going to buy a tree this year because

(1) there are no tree lots selling trees around here this year

(2) we didn't want to contribute any more debris to the MAJOR debris problem we are still having, and ...

(3) we were lucky enough not to get a tree in our living room during the hurricane, so why would we want one in there now? ;-)

So, I went to look for a fake tree, but the only one we liked was really expensive. I bought it, but the box was so big and heavy I just couldn't deal with it, and it was too much money anyway, so I took it back. The kids were pretty dissappointed, and I felt like a grinch. But then the grocery store actually had one truckload of trees, so I got a nice 6-1/2 foot one for only $21.99 and shoved it into my minivan. What a deal. It looks awesome.

We took a picture in front of it last night with our new cat. Five minutes later, the entire thing crashed to the floor and spewed ornaments and water everywhere. LOL

From that moment on, we would refer to this small disaster as the "tree incident" or a hurricane aftershock. And no, the poor cat was no where near the tree when it fell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
You know you really do have something to celebrate this Christmas...and to be very thankful for!
Love, Steph