Friday, December 02, 2005

End of Hurricane Season

As of Midnight November 30, the 2005 hurricane season is officially over!!! No more worrying about evacuations for a while .... until next June anyway.

I'm finally having my first troop meeting since the storm with my Brownies today. A couple of other Girl Scout troops from around the country have adopted our troop to help us get back on our feet. We lost a few members, and a couple who are still active had their homes flooded. Hopefully our adopters will help us replace their damaged uniforms. The girls will be SO happy to be back together again.

Time to get busy doing some Christmas shopping too. Busy busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful news..I was a Brownie, Intermediate, Girl Scout from 1st to 10th grade..where can I send a donation for new uniforms..email me: jcreswell2@houston.rr.com
thanks Jimmie

Laurel said...

Thanks Jimmie, You are so sweet. We are doing the adopt-a-troop through a program with our council office, so I'll have to look into how to do private donations.