Thursday, September 15, 2005

Neighbor Pics


Joe is a neighbor who lives on my street. He is in the military and is currently deployed overseas. While he is away, I am doing for him what CNN would not do for me. I am taking a picture and posting the "after" photos of his home. Click the pictures for a closeup.

Overall, Joe's house had minor damage and did really well. He had the top of the chimney knocked off and some siding is missing from it. The roof doesn't look too bad from the front, but is missing a few more shingles on the back. They lost the big tree to the right of the house although it's hard to see in the picture. The tree to the left held up really well and is one of the bigger trees on the block. The fence is down everywhere which doesn't make the dog very happy, but there was no flooding and the power is back on.

Now, before a hundred people that I've never met start asking me to post photos, I would like to note that this is a special favor for a serviceman who is also a neighbor of mine. I wish I could do this for everyone but even CNN couldn't do it and think of the manpower they have. I am just one person. Instead, look for your house in these aerial photos that I've posted before.

The last time I talked to Joe and his family was right after they moved in when they came to our annual Halloween party. They probably have not recognized me since then because when we first met, I was dressed like this.

I talked with Mrs. Joe when I went over to take the picture, but I was not invited in for a shot of Bailey's (hee hee). I had to get back and make dinner anyway. After our scary introduction in with skeleton garb last October, I wouldn't have invited me in either. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurel, Thank you very much. I appreciate the assistance and it is nice to see a close-up of what happened. I know we are blessed with the little damage we sustained versus many others. I think I can make the Bailey's happen one way or the other! Joe