Sunday, September 04, 2005

On The Way

This morning a care package arrived from Aunt Janette & Uncle Jason for the kids. Thank you so much! They were elated. Books, puzzles, crayons, markers, games, snacks. They finally have something new to do. Yippee! They say, Thanks AJ and UJ!!


We have heard from many people who have been back to their homes in Slidell. Some good news from a few folks, but mostly not so great. Everyone says to bring a lot of gas because there is no where to get any for a few hundred miles. So, we spent the afternoon trying to round up some gas cans in Nashville. Apparently the whole city sold out of them. We must have gone to 20 stores. We finally found two but it wasn't enough. At last hubby called a friend who has a big tractor and he had several that we borrowed.

My Dh (dear hubby), Sis, and her Dh are on their way to Slidell right now. It's almost 3 a.m. and I am doing an update for everyone so I have something to do besides worry. I'm sure they'll be fine though. Mostly I'm worried about what they are going to find when they get there. A big part of me wishes I was going there too so I could see it all for myself, but I think I did the wise thing to stay with the kids.

They will arrive at daybreak or later and plan to leave before dark. I hope they are able to call here when they arrive.

Stuff they brought with them: Gasoline, chain saw, lots of duct tape, food, water, first aid kit, three pairs of work gloves, two boxes of Hefty industrial garbage bags, tools, toilet paper, a change of clothing, flashlight, batteries, camera, and a list of things to get from the house if they are salvageable... oh, and Sis's shotgun, tazer and an array of other defensive cool stuff.

Sis put on extra deodorant right before they left and then advised the guys to "do the same" I don't know if they did or not. LOL. ;-)

Please pray that they will be safe on their journey. I'll post again as soon as I know anything.

No comments: