Wednesday, September 07, 2005

NOVA Hurricane Video


This NOVA Hurricane Video on PBS.org was first aired Jan 25, 2005. It is a 12 minute show about the "potential" disaster that can occur in a city like New Orleans in the face of a devastating hurricane. It is eerie to watch and listen to the "worst case scenario" they discuss since that is exactly what has now happened. It also talks a little bit about how the city reacted to the big threat last year with Hurricane Ivan. Click the "Watch the Segment" on the left side to view the show. We have seen many clips like this on tv and our local news over the past year, especially since Ivan. Once again I note that we were warned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your site. It's really beatifully written. Anyway, we've never met but I used to work with (for) your husband at Tulane. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and I want you to know that despite the fact we have never met, both myself and my family hope things will come back to normal for you and yours soon.